SMART CABLE BOLT
By combining the support capabilities of a standard 7-strand cable bolt with a miniature 6-wire extensometer, the SMART (Stretch Measurement to Assess Reinforcement Tension) Cable was born.
The stretch in the cable is determined via the integrated six-point extensometer, allowing the strain between the anchor points to be calculated. Because we know the properties of the cable-rock-grout interface, the loading profile along the cable can be inferred.
These field-proven instruments allow our clients to optimize their ground support, creating cost-effective excavations at greater depth while ensuring the safety of equipment and personnel. They have also been used in civil tie-backs for design validation.
- Length: up to 30 m
- Diameter (head): 33 mm
- Weight: 1.35 kg/m
- Borehole diameter: 50 mm minimum
- Stroke: 63.5, 127, and 190.5 mm
- Linearity: +/- 2% (1% available upon request)
Features and Benefits
- Manufactured to match your existing cable support
- Anchor locations are user-specified
- Electronic readout head sits inside the collar protecting it from damage
- Installs like a standard cable bolt
- Can be monitored WIRELESSLY!
- Civil tie-back monitoring
- Strain and load of underground and open pit mining support systems
- Strain and load measurement in concrete structures