MDT is headquartered in beautiful Kingston, Ontario. MDT is an equal opportunity employer.
About Us: Mine Design Technologies (MDT) is an instrumentation company located in Kingston, Ontario specializing in geotechnical and civil applications. We design, manufacture, sell, install and support our suite of products across the globe. Our patented SMART products have been designed to survive the rigours of geotechnical and mining environments while maintaining a low cost and ease of installation. Our focus resides in our ability to attract and work with our customers to assist them in solving their problems with quality products, proven experience and extensive expertise.
MDT is currently recruiting for a full-time Production Worker to join our team at our headquarters in Kingston, ON.
About the Position: As a Production Worker, you will assist in the production of instrumentation and products. The Production Worker will ensure all work performed adheres to all organizational standards as well as safety regulations and guidelines. The position is currently scheduled Monday-Friday; however, there may be requirement for overtime and/or weekends.
- Follow detailed assembly instructions, processes, and procedures in the manufacturing of MDT products and components
- Operate manual and automated equipment in the production process while following all manufacturer’s instructions, organizational standard operating procedures and safety precautions
- Perform all work to organizational standard operating procedures (SOP) to ensure final product meets quality standards and customer requirements
- Perform quality inspections as necessary; participate in the inspection, testing and evaluation process as required
- Prepare production orders for shipping according to functional specifications
- Perform routine machine and equipment maintenance during operation; report/communicate machine, equipment or tool issues, malfunctions, repairs or replacement needs to management
- Determine and report product and equipment malfunctions to the appropriate authority.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, assigned work area, and shop floor at all times
- Participate in educational and training opportunities applicable to the position
- Participate in cross-training to provide back-up to other areas of production
- Proactively follow safety procedures and utilize and wear appropriate personal protective equipment as governed by company guidelines, health & safety protocols, equipment specifications, and/or manufacturing instructions.
About You: You have demonstrated ability in using basic power tools and can operate assembly machinery. You demonstrate manual dexterity, mechanical aptitude, and skill with intricate hand work. Previous experience in electronic assembly, manufacturing, ISO standards, and/or production work is an asset. General knowledge of electronics and experience with soldering techniques would be an asset. You are a high school graduate; post-secondary training in electronics would be an asset. As this position requires physical labour, you are able to lift up to 50 lbs. and can withstand continuous standing and frequent walking, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, reaching and repetitive movement. You are comfortable working in a manufacturing environment, are available to work overtime and can provide your own safety shoes/boots.
About Applying: To apply, please submit a resume to email@example.com. If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To find out more about our company and our line of SMART products, please visit www.mdt.ca.